Tuesday 20 October 2020

End From the beginning...

The end is illustrated by the beginning. 


Revelation 1:8-11; 22:13 - I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord... I am Alpha and Omega, the first and the last...I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last. 


Ecclesiastes 1:9 - The thing that hath been, it is that which shall be; and that which is done is that which shall be done: and there is no new thing under the sun. 


Ecclesiastes 3:15 - That which hath been is now; and that which is to be hath already been; and God requireth that which is past. 


Isaiah 46:9-11 - Remember the former things of old: for I am God, and there is none else; I am God, and there is none like me, Declaring the end from the beginning, and from ancient times the things that are not yet done, saying, My counsel shall stand, and I will do all my pleasure... yea, I have spoken it, I will also bring it to pass; I have purposed it, I will also do it. 


PP 72 - “Cain and Abel represent two classes that will exist in the world till the close of time.” 


GC 343 - “The work of God in the earth presents, from age to age, a striking similarity in every great reformation or religious movement. The principles of God’s dealing with men are ever the same. The important movements of the present have their parallel in those of the past, and the experience of the church in former ages has lessons of great value for our own time.”