Tuesday 7 December 2021

The Yoke and the Third Angel's Message

Come unto Me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take My yoke upon you, and learn of Me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. For My yoke is easy, and My burden is light. Matthew 11:28-30


The humble dependence upon God, the faith that takes Him at His word and trusts Him at all times and under all circumstances, is the wearing of the yoke of Christ. MKH p.147 


The yoke that Christ speaks of then in Matthew is, “the faith that takes Him at His word and trusts Him at all times and under all circumstances.” This is just how Christ lived while He was on this earth; in absolute dependence on His Father in Heaven.


Here is the patience of the saints: here are they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus. Revelation 14:12


So, could we say then that the wearing of Christ's yoke is having the faith of Jesus?


Take hold of the arm of God, and say, “I am nothing, and Thou art everything. Thou hast said, ‘Without me ye can do nothing.’ Now, Lord, I must have Thee abiding in me, that I may abide in Thee.” Then advance step by step, by living faith abiding in Jesus Christ. This is wearing His yoke, the yoke of obedience. 5BC 1092