Tuesday 5 April 2022

The Laod-I-cean Dream

The Laod-I-cean Dream

It is not unique to sole or covert feme,

Or an exemption given for the headship team,

Mysteriously starting long before the periodic eem,

By one lone swimming, strong, self-willed bream.


Cast out from above, he and his one third team,

Their focus was now on a newly created stream,

He opened her mind with thoughts by the ream,

The temptation, very easy, or so it would seem!


Down through the ages, his eye with undimmed gleam,

Selling so easily, to each generation, his perfect scheme,

Especially to those who claim they are on God’s team,

Now the closing scene, much closer than it may seem.


Enter, as predicted, the Laod-I-cean Dream, 

So perfectly real as to them it may seem,

’Tis a false christ, a never-ending stream,

No matter what, to you, they may deem.


Self, ego, brings to their face a constant gleam,

For they are running solely on their own steam,

Whilst claiming all the attributes of an old neem,

They do not seem to realise - it is all just a dream.


Ever content that they are ever the cream,

Of the crop indeed, and a perfect meme,

Put others down, O, that feeds their self esteem,

Then all, in their mind, is perfectly supreme!


Blind, they cannot see their tattered seam,

Or in their own eye that massive “beam”, 

With self their constant, and favourite theme,

Judgement Day will openly reveal - whose team!


So, what will be the ultimate end of the Laod-I-cean Dream,

Repentance, conversion, not options, in their heart it would seem,

For they are perfectly content with the adrenaline rush of their own self esteem

So, very sadly in the lake of fire, even their last breath will still be - a scream!


And unto the angel of the church of the Laodiceans write; These things saith the Amen, the Faithful and True Witness, the Beginning (Gr. Beginner) of the creation of God; I know thy works, that thou art neither cold nor hot: I would thou wert cold or hot. So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of My mouth. Because thou sayest, I am rich, and increased with goods, and have need of nothing; and knowest not that thou art wretched, and miserable, and poor, and blind, and naked: I counsel thee to buy of Me gold tried in the fire, that thou mayest be rich; and white raiment, that thou mayest be clothed, and that the shame of thy nakedness do not appear; and anoint thine eyes with eyesalve, that thou mayest see. As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten: be zealous therefore, and repent. Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear My voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with Me. To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with Me in My throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with My Father in His throne. Revelation 3:14-21