Saturday 19 December 2020

Evolutionist or Creationist?

Evolutionists believe that this world is getting better, it is always evolving to a higher level.

Creationists believe the Bible, which tells that the earth was created perfect, but that sin is destroying it and it will get worse until it is almost totally destroyed; then the Creator will come and take us to Heaven to save us from the destroyers.

If faithful, we will witness the earth being created new again after the 1000 years.


So it is in the spiritual life:

Everyone has a measure of faith. This is based on the word of God only. The word of God is to be believed only, even against the word of God. He doesn't want any to move in uncertainty. Faith is ever increasing. If not of faith it is sin. The just live by faith. “Faith that worketh by love.” God cannot lie, He speaketh – it is. 


Everyone who measures their progress by feeling is an evolutionist. 


Unless I recognise His creative power in my life, moment by moment, my Sabbath keeping is a fraud. Unless I am resting in Him every moment, all week, my Sabbath keeping is a farce. The Sabbath is a weekly reminder of this and of His creation and His sanctification.
If I read it in His word, it is what He will do instantly for me. His word is His will e.g. Centurion - “Say the word only.” “Never seen so great faith...” Faith – real, active, the most substantial thing, the only real foundation. Once the law is broken, no subsequent obedience can make a perfect character. The mystery of God solves the problem – let it and yield. The word of God keeps me, works in me to accomplish everything promised.


This is the only Way to a higher life.