Friday 29 May 2020

Rejoicing In The Lord

Christians may have the joy of communion with Christ; they may have the light of His love, the perpetual comfort of His presence. Every step in life may bring us closer to Jesus, may give us a deeper experience of His love, and may bring us one step nearer to the blessed home of peace. Then let us not cast away our confidence, but have firm assurance, firmer than ever before. “Hitherto hath the Lord helped us” and He will help us to the end. SC 125


Let the heavens be glad, and let the earth rejoice:
and let men say among the nations, The Lord reigneth. 1 Chronicles 16:31

But let all those that put their trust in Thee rejoice:
let them ever shout for joy, because Thou defendest them:
let them also that love Thy name be joyful in Thee. Psalms 5:11

But I have trusted in Thy mercy;
my heart shall rejoice in Thy salvation. Psalms 13:5

The Lord is my strength and my shield;
my heart trusted in Him, and I am helped:
therefore my heart greatly rejoiceth;
and with my song will I praise Him. Psalms 28:7

Be glad in the Lord, and rejoice, ye righteous:
and shout for joy, all ye that are upright in heart. Psalms 32:11

Rejoice in the Lord, O ye righteous:
for praise is comely for the upright. Psalms 33:1

Let all those that seek thee rejoice and be glad in Thee:
let such as love Thy salvation say continually, The Lord be magnified. Psalms 40:16

Let mount Zion rejoice,
let the daughters of Judah be glad,
because of Thy judgments. Psalms 48:11

In Thy name shall they rejoice all the day:
and in Thy righteousness shall they be exalted. Psalms 89:16

O satisfy us early with thy mercy;
that we may rejoice and be glad all our days. Psalms 90:14

Rejoice in the Lord, ye righteous;
and give thanks at the remembrance of His holiness. Psalms 97:12

The stone which the builders refused
is become the head stone of the corner.
This is the Lord 's doing;
it is marvellous in our eyes.
This is the day which the Lord hath made;
we will rejoice and be glad in it. Psalms 118:22-24

I have rejoiced in the way of Thy testimonies,
as much as in all riches...Thy testimonies have I taken as an heritage for ever:
for they are the rejoicing of my heart...I rejoice at Thy word,
as one that findeth great spoil. Psalms 119:14,111,162

I will greatly rejoice in the Lord,
my soul shall be joyful in my God;
for He hath clothed me with the garments of salvation,
He hath covered me with the robe of righteousness,
as a bridegroom decketh Himself with ornaments,
and as a bride adorneth herself with her jewels. Isaiah 61:10

Although the fig tree shall not blossom, neither shall fruit be in the vines; the labour of the olive shall fail, and the fields shall yield no meat; the flock shall be cut off from the fold, and there shall be no herd in the stalls: Yet I will rejoice in the Lord, I will joy in the God of my salvation. Habakkuk 3:17,18

Sing and rejoice, O daughter of Zion:
for, lo, I come, and I will dwell in the midst of thee, saith the Lord. Zechariah 2:10

Rejoice greatly, O daughter of Zion;
shout, O daughter of Jerusalem:
behold, thy King cometh unto thee:
He is just, and having salvation;
lowly, and riding upon an ass,
and upon a colt the foal of an ass. Zechariah 9:9

When they saw the star, they rejoiced with exceeding great joy. Matthew 2:10

Rejoice, and be exceeding glad: for great is your reward in heaven: for so persecuted they the prophets which were before you. Matthew 5:12

Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ: By whom also we have access by faith into this grace wherein we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God. Romans 5:1,2

Rejoiceth not in iniquity, but rejoiceth in the truth. 1 Corinthians 13:6

For we are the circumcision, which worship God in the spirit, and rejoice in Christ Jesus, and have no confidence in the flesh. Phillippians 3:3

Rejoice in the Lord alway: and again I say, Rejoice. Phillippians 4:4

Rejoice evermore. 1 Thessalonians 5:16 

But Christ as a son over His own house; whose house are we, if we hold fast the confidence and the rejoicing of the hope firm unto the end. Hebrews 3:6

But rejoice, inasmuch as ye are partakers of Christ's sufferings; that, when His glory shall be revealed, ye may be glad also with exceeding joy. 1 Peter 4:13

Let us be glad and rejoice, and give honour to Him: for the marriage of the Lamb is come, and His wife hath made herself ready. Revelation 19:7