Thursday 7 May 2020

Sustainable?

You will recall in a post last month that it was stated re the Great Lockdown of 2020, that the whole situation was unsustainable.
There are now governments, economists, and citizens fearful and in full panic mode - the reality of the consequences of this event has finally hit them hard – it is totally unsustainable.
Several leaders of nations are now spelling out for all to see, the cost/day or week to their economies.
Over the world people are very restless locked in their homes, public rallies are being held in defiance of the new laws. One protester's placard read -
“Give me freedom or give me death”.

As Christians we have absolute freedom in Christ, because when He makes us free we are “free indeed” and His freedom can only come from death. Death to self. We can say,
“Give me freedom and give me death”
We can all say with Paul, “I die daily”.

O the freedom of resting in Christ, in absolute dependance on Him for everything; just as He lived when He came to “save His people from their sins”.

I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave Himself for me. Galatians 2:20

Now there is something that is sustainable! And His, “perfect love casteth out fear” 1 John 4:18

Cast thy burden upon the Lord, and He shall sustain thee:
He shall never suffer the righteous to be moved. Psalm 55:22