Wednesday 25 March 2020

Needed!?

Genesis 1:26,27
And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth. So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.
Genesis 2:7
And the Lord God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.

Isaiah 43:7
Even every one that is called by my name: for I have created him for my glory, I have formed him; yea, I have made him.

Isaiah 44:2
Thus saith the Lord that made thee, and formed thee from the womb, which will help thee.

Isaiah 44:24
Thus saith the Lord, thy Redeemer, and He that formed thee from the womb.

Isaiah 46:3,4
Hearken unto Me, O house of Jacob, and all the remnant of the house of Israel, which are borne by Me from the belly, which are carried from the womb: And even to your old age I am He; and even to hoar hairs will I carry you: I have made, and I will bear; even I will carry, and will deliver you.

Isaiah 49:1
The Lord hath called me from the womb; from the bowels of my mother hath He made mention of my name.

Isaiah 49:5
And now, saith the Lord that formed me from the womb to be His servant,

Isaiah 49:15,16; Zechariah 13:6
Can a woman forget her sucking child, that she should not have compassion on the son of her womb? yea, they may forget, yet will I not forget thee. Behold, I have graven thee upon the palms of My hands. And one shall say unto Him, What are these wounds in thine hands? Then He shall answer, Those with which I was wounded in the house of My friends.

Psalms 139:14,15
I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvellous are Thy works; and that my soul knoweth right well. My substance was not hid from Thee, when I was made in secret, and curiously wrought in the lowest parts of the earth. Thine eyes did see my substance, yet being unperfect; and in Thy book all my members were written, which in continuance were fashioned, when as yet there was none of them.

Deuteronomy 32:18
Of the Rock that begat thee thou art unmindful, and hast forgotten God that formed thee.

Jeremiah 1:5
Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee.

Isaiah 42:6
I the Lord have called thee in righteousness, and will hold thine hand, and will keep thee, and give thee for a covenant of the people, for a light of the Gentiles;

Isaiah 43:1
But now thus saith the Lord that created thee, O Jacob, and he that formed thee, O Israel, Fear not: for I have redeemed thee, I have called thee by thy name; thou art mine.

Most Christians have no difficulty believing that Jesus wants them as part of His family. We may not understand why this would be the case, but we are aware that He paid the supreme price of His own sinless life to make this possible. But, how many have ever stopped to consider that, “We were brought into existence because we were needed”? Needed!? Now that is a novel thought! How could it possibly be that the God of the universe, the Creator of everything, Jesus Christ our Saviour, could need anything or anyone, especially the degraded citizens of the one planet that rebelled against His loving rulership? 

If we are saved, it will be through Christ and Him alone. “What, know ye not that...ye are not your own? For ye are bought with a price.” [1 Corinthians 6:19, 20.] Think of the price that was paid for us! The world has received the gift of God’s only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life. We gain perfection by coming to Christ, who is as the tree of life to us. We were brought into existence because we were needed. God’s vast design in the mediatorial economy shows that He has embraced all humanity in His plan. He calls upon men and women to show themselves Christians, that they may fill their appointment as agents chosen to carry out His purposes. Ms 124, 1898

Christ enlists in His service all who will consent to stand under His authority, all who will wear His yoke and accept the conditions which unite the human with the divine. Those who do this are molded by the influence that through the grace of Christ unites heart to heart, mind to mind, in one complete whole. We were brought into existence because we were needed. And it is a sad thought that if we stand on the wrong side in the ranks of the enemy, we are lost to the design of our creation. We are disappointing our Redeemer. The powers He designs for His service are used to oppose His grace and matchless love. This thought should be sufficient to keep us ever humble. Ms 139, 1898

In a close and personal relationship each one needs the other. We should have no trouble knowing how much we need Jesus. It is an uplifting thought to realise that He needs us too. There is a place in His great heart of love that is just for you, which no-one else can fill but you. If, by the choices you make today, you choose not to spend eternity with Him then He will always miss you. 

Is it not a marvel that Christ came to this world, that He, being the Creator, has a special interest for the human race, and that His matchless love yearns for us and He invites us to come unto Him and gain happiness and rest? 3MR 82

We are twice owned by Christ:

By creation

By redemption

Let pure gratitude and love flow from every fibre of our being for such a Creator and Redeemer as our Beloved Husband.