Sunday 30 August 2020

Tailor Made

When Christ said, “My yoke is easy and My burden is light”, He knew exactly what He was speaking about. As a carpenter He had produced many yokes in the workshop in Nazareth. He would very carefully tailor make each yoke to perfectly fit each beast of burden. Every section was shaped and smoothed until it fitted so well that the beast was not even aware of the load because of how comfortable it felt on them.

He also tailor makes the “yoke” that He shares with each one of us. He knows every detail of our lives, what we are capable of and what our weaknesses are, so that He can guide us through each of the challenges and gain eternal victories at each step. 


Come unto Me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take My yoke upon you, and learn of Me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. For My yoke is easy, and My burden is light. Matthew 11:28-30


Stand fast therefore in the liberty wherewith Christ hath made us free, and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage. Galatians 5:1