Monday 27 April 2020

As A Little Child

Verily I say unto you, Whosoever shall not receive the kingdom of God as a little child shall in no wise enter therein. Luke 18:17

And said, Verily I say unto you, Except ye be converted, and become as little children, ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven. Whosoever therefore shall humble himself as this little child, the same is greatest in the kingdom of heaven. Matthew 18:3,4

Much has been said in the 2000 years since these words were spoken by Christ concerning the various attributes of children to be able to fulfil these words fully and it is certain this subject will be revisited in future posts. 

One thing is certain “a little child” is totally dependant on their parents for everything, especially all of their essential needs. Absolute dependance is what Christ is wanting each one of us to have in Him. It is the example that He set for us. So, despite all of the many thoughts that have been suggested, maybe this aspect of “a little child” could be at the top of the list. 

We are all beyond the 4th generation of the era that is “rich, increased in goods and in need of nothing” but there is no need whatsoever for us to remain “wretched, and miserable, and poor, and blind and naked” Christ has offered us the remedy for our condition: “I counsel thee to buy of Me gold tried in the fire, that thou mayest be rich; and white raiment, that thou mayest be clothed, and that the shame of thy nakedness do not appear; and anoint thine eyes with eyesalve, that thou mayest see. As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten: be zealous therefore, and repent. Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear My voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with Me. To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with My Father in his throne. Revelation 3:18-21

Let us open the door of our heart and depend totally on Him from this moment on for eternity.

Absolute dependance.