Tuesday 21 April 2020

Never Die

When we accept Christ's salvation we are given at that moment eternal life instead of facing the eternal death we deserve for sinning against Him. Some have said that “I am going to live forever” - are they correct to be saying something so bold? It is true that if we abide in Christ continually we will never die. Some may “sleep” until the resurrection but will still live eternally, the 144,000 will be translated without seeing death, so they certainly will never die.

Here are some of the texts to which they refer when they have said about living forever:
God is not the God of the dead, but of the living. Matthew 22:32  

And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up: That whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have eternal life.
For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life. John 3:14-16

This is the bread which cometh down from heaven, that a man may eat thereof, and not die. I am the living bread which came down from heaven: if any man eat of this bread, he shall live for ever: and the bread that I will give is My flesh, which I will give for the life of the world...This is that bread which came down from heaven: not as your fathers did eat manna, and are dead: he that eateth of this bread shall live for ever. John 6:50,51,58

My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow me: And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of My hand. My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand. I and My Father are one. John 10:27-30

Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in Me, though he were dead, yet shall he live: And whosoever liveth and believeth in Me shall never die. Believest thou this? John 11:25,26

For whether we live, we live unto the Lord; and whether we die, we die unto the Lord: whether we live therefore, or die, we are the Lord's. For to this end Christ both died, and rose, and revived, that he might be Lord both of the dead and living. Rom 14:8,9

Not dead but sleepeth. Matt 9:24; Mark 5:39; Luke 8:52;  John 11:11,12,13

He that overcometh shall not be hurt of the second death. Rev 2:11; 20:6,14; 21:8

And this is the promise that He hath promised us, even eternal life. 1 John 2:25